Friday, March 1, 2013

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog page that will document my journey across America to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. My goal with this blog is to document what it takes to prepare and ride across America and more importantly raise funds for our Wounded Warriors.

Why am I doing this? It is in fulfillment of a lifelong goal to train and complete a physically challenging endurance event and to see and experience this beautiful country of ours. Yet I don't believe I could motivate myself to do it unless the result was to make a difference in the lives of others. I was fortunate enough to have a healthy and rewarding 27 year military career but some of my brothers and sisters in arms were not as fortunate and together we can help make a difference for them and their families on in their road to recovery.

I will be riding for the Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP). The WWP serves veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound, co-incident to their military service on or after September 11, 2001 and their families.

Your loyal support helps as these brave men and women endure often-grueling recoveries. They need assurance that there are resources available to them throughout their journey back into civilian life and beyond. After sacrificing so much while serving our country and securing our freedom, many veterans are faced with the uncertainties of life after the battlefield.

WWP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization. It’s not about the war; it’s about the warrior. With advancements in battlefield medicine and body armor, an unprecedented percentage of service members are surviving severe wounds or injuries. Your tax deductible donation enables WWP to help the thousands of wounded warriors returning home from the current conflicts and to provide assistance to their families.

WWP programs help ease these uncertainties and are made possible through the unwavering dedication of people like you. You can help in in two ways, first by making a donation and second by sharing this blog with everyone you know who loves the freedom that our service members provide to this great nation.

I hope you enjoy reading my entries and I look forward to your comments, tips and words of encouragement.

See you on the road,

Phil




Please note that my participation in this epic ride is in my personal capacity. My participation is not an endorsement of any particular organization, its services or products by the Department of Defense, United States Army or the Defense Contract Management Agency.

 

9 comments:

  1. You know that I never really cared for Performance Committments (PCs), but I think I will make an exception for this effort. I'm really proud of the committment you have made to our Wounded Warriors and I will be praying for your success. I know you can do it! ALL THE WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I appreciate your Support.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great first day. I hope day 2 is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil, was glad to make a donation and want to wish you a great experience on your epic ride. You are an inspiration to all of us. Ride safe! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Phil Go! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fitchburg State Army ROTC program is wishing you the best of luck as you continue on your journey, and would like to let you know that you are always welcome back here at FSU. Good luck Sir!

    ReplyDelete