Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 2 - 134 Mi to Blythe, CA






Happy to report that I made it through another tough day heat wise.  Two riders were not so lucky as they are  in the hospital tonite getting IV fluids for dehyration.  It was hot, My garmin bike computer was reading 107 degrees in direct sunlight while the actual temp was around 98 degrees.  The early morning ride out of Palm Springs was great at 66 degrees.  Palms Springs seems like a town I would like to spend some more time in.

We rode through Box Canyon (picture 2 below) which looked like we were on the moon.  The picture does not do it justice but it was beautiful.  The majority of todays ride was 71 miles on Interstate 10. (yes, a major highway)  The good thing about riding on  I-10 today was the tail wind we had for most of the time.  I-10 has a pretty wide breakdown lane so it was ok riding, although there was one 4-5 mile stretch near the end that was terribly bumpy.  My butt was not very happy.  

Tomorrow we leave California and enter Arizona.  I look forward to entering our 2nd state.  

Day 2 Photos:

(Most Photos taken by Mike Munk- Bamacyclist.com)































No comments:

Post a Comment