Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 6 - 134 Mi to Gallup, NM



Todays ride was not a day of contrasts it was plain and simple and was really tame compared to the last couple of days. (if riding 130 miles is tame) We rode over 100 miles on Interstate 40. Gone are the trees that surrounded us as we climbed up the mountains approaching Flagstaff. You could see hundreds of miles in all directions in most places. The only problem with riding this section of I-40 is flat tires. I had three of them today, two in the first 30 miles. I think the total number of flats for the group was over 30.

The morning started with "standing on the Corner in Winslow, AZ" The lyrics from the song “Take It Easy”, written by Jackson Browne and Glenn Frey, were made famous by “The Eagles”. It’s a song almost everyone knows, hums and sings. It has put Winslow on the map. All of us took photos and I even put a t-shirt of my friends Sully's 50th Birthday celebration, We also took a group photo "on the Corner" 

The wind today was our friend it was out of the west on our back for most of the day. The mild temperature were also enjoyable. a little chilly as we left Winslow, as it was 49 degrees. For most of the day it was in the mid 70's. The favorable wind today was enjoyed by all and allowed me to avaerage 18.3 MPH for the entire day. We also entered our third state, New Mexico and a new time zone today

Tomorrow we head to Albuquerque and hopefully, we’ll get another good wind day...we could use it. I am ready for a rest day so I can rest my quads...and butt.


Pictures of today below:

(Most Photos taken by Mike Munk- Bamacyclist.com)


























































No comments:

Post a Comment