Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 22 - 77 Mi to Tuscola, IL




Cool, favorable winds, flat, and only 77 miles, a perfect combination and a day I have been waiting for.  Today was easy, yes you heard right easy.  21 mph average and done by noon and the hotel is next to an outlet mall and an Amish restaurant.  

Coming off of a rest day everyone is itching to get go going.  We started at 8:00 and went east to the hotel in Tuscola, IL.  No one had any problems today.  We had a lunch SAG stop at mile 40 in Mt Zion, IL.  After lunch I went out  like a madman to see if I could average 20 mph for the entire ride.  I had a 20 mile segment where I was averaging 24.8 mph thanks to the favorable winds.  Great Day!  

Tomorrow takes us to Lebanon, IL and 121 miles of riding.  Should be another great day.   


Photos from today:

(Most Photos taken by Mike Munk- Bamacyclist.com)











New rider Gary and I at the lunch SAG

Mt Zion Veterans Memorial

More of the Mt Zion Veterans Memorial

Great all you can eat buffet in Amishland.  Went into a food coma immediately following :)

No comments:

Post a Comment